Thursday, November 09, 2006

Damn You, NaNoWriMo!

Mood: Frustrated
Music: Various tracks - UnderOATH

NaNoWriMo has eaten my soul. It's beginning to consume my life in a way that I never thought possible. And yet, at the same time, I feel like I'm getting nothing accomplished. I had 10k words typed after day 2 (Nov. 2nd), and I currently have about 14k. 7 days. 4 thousand words. At 1,667 per day to reach my goal... ouch. Not good. I'm right about on target, but I still don't feel like I'm getting things done. I'm slowing down, and it feels crappy. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more done this weekend.

By the way, if you're interested in checking in on my progress, or reading a small excerpt of the story, check this link... My NaNoWriMo Profile.

Life is going good. Saw Lauren and Logan last night as they stopped by (shakes fist at Logan for scaring the piss out of me). Thanksgiving is getting closer and closer... and *gasp*! It can't be! Louisville and Rutgers? Undefeated? Playing on Thursday Night Football?!?!? Woohoo! Something fun to entertain me for the evening.

This weekend is Jess running up in St. Olaf. *muah* Good luck to you, baby!

I'm trying to get my schedule worked out for the rest of my college career... right now, if I don't figure something out, I'll only be able to get my BS by taking either an assload of classes in the summers (which I'd have to get lucky to get the right ones) or going an extra semester. And, it all hinges on the classes being offered when I want them to be. Damn you, 3 semester rotations!

Ahh well. Enough of me for now. Time for the last 5 minutes of class *chuckle*.

-Nic

No comments: