Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rawr!

Mood: Mellow and cold
Music: Gravity (Live) - John Mayer Trio

So I decided (finally) that enough was enough. I'm back to posting in a blog again, one that anyone can comment on, because I'm sick of Facebook and Xanga. Neither really do it for me. Plus, it's nice to have somewhere to store all my current thoughts and memories.

So... news... *clears throat*.

College is back in session, and has been for 2 months now. Woohoo. Only six more weeks of these semester to go. I'm excited, but also really nervous. 6 weeks until my Japan final. 6 weeks to learn whatever the heck I'm supposed to learn in Discrete Structures (computer logic-based math). Six more weeks of drama around the dorms until I get another break from it all.

Anyways... I think I've got my schedule for next semester figured out completely. I just hope that I'm actually able to get it. It would work out perfectly, I think. 4 classes, all stacked together from 11-3 on MWF, with only one (very simple) class on T/Th at 11. I could definitely handle that.

What else... hrm. Well, I decided to do NaNoWriMo again this year. NaNoWriMo is the National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50,000 word (or more) story in November. The 1st to the 30th. While some people try to make it all logical with outlines and such, I find that it's much more fun just to write whatever decides to flow out of your fingers. Interesting things definitely pop out and very odd times. (A dagger-throwing mime ninja that uses a large book of pre-written phrases for all forms of communication. *blink* Don't ask.) If you're interested in all this, check out nanowrimo.org.

I'm heading up to Jess' this weekend to go visit with her family. We're going to go watch her brother's jazz band, as well as the Northern Illinois University Jazz Band at her old high school. It should be a lot of fun. I think her parents are going to run a cross country race by their house too... *that* should be fun to watch. :-) It'll be nice to go visit again, though. I always do enjoy my visits up there.

Well, I should get back to working on various things. No free time this weekend, so I'll have to get everything done tonight and tomorrow during the day. Drop by my room sometime and say hello... Rider 222.

Latre,

-Nic

No comments: